23 Jun Can CBD help with pet grooming?
Grooming day can make even the happiest pets a little edgy, but CBD may be able to lend a helping paw for pets that get especially stressed out. With a relaxed pet on their hands, pet parents and groomers may be able to create a smoother and happier grooming experience for everyone.
How can CBD help anxious pets?
Humans and animals all have an endocannabinoid system that interacts with receptors in our bodies to maintain equilibrium. Dogs have a lot more endocannabinoid receptors as humans, which means they may be able to benefit even more from all the goodness this plant may offer.
CBD may help:
- Relax pets during grooming
- Soothe itchy, dry or irritated skin
- Manage chronic joint pain that could make grooming uncomfortable for senior pets
- Calm pets with compulsive grooming behaviours, such as excessive licking or scratching
- Pets keep a shiny, healthy coat because it’s rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Create a happy association with grooming, making future sessions more positive.
How often should I give my pet CBD?
This is all up to your vet! Depending on your pet’s needs and condition, your vet will be able to guide you on which product and dosage is best. There are lots of reasons why CBD may help your pet in and out of the grooming salon! Make sure to consult your veterinarian before introducing CBD into your pet’s routine.
CBD usually starts to take effect in your pet’s body within 30 minutes and can last four to six hours. It may be a good idea to mix CBD in your pet’s meal or drop it on a treat about an hour before the appointment.
Interested in exploring natural therapies to keep your pet calm and relaxed?